Buy the material from any fabric shop. Some shops have remnants or you can buy by the metre off the roll. Ask for half a metre - this is sufficient for four mounts. See our wildlife mount.
All you need;
- Fabric - to cover 16 x 12" inches, for the back of the mount
- Double sided tape (recommenced -permanent adhesive)
- Scissors and pen or chalk
How to add fabric behind the mount;
- Carefully stick the double sided tape around the edge of the horse's head, each corner and along the side of the edge on the back of the mount - don't peel off the tape yet.
- Iron the fabric if creased - lay the fabric on a smooth surface then place the mount on top to ensure the pattern is straight on the front.
- Then carefully with a pen or chalk, line the fabric along the edge of the overall mount to cut off the left over fabric.
- Remove the mount from the fabric and peel off the tape.
- Tricky part - adhering the mount onto the fabric, ensure the pattern is straight again, keep it quite taut before you press down on the mount to stick it down.
- Trim the outside of the fabric if it overhangs the mount size.
- Insert mount into the frame.
Buy our wildlife single mount; Stag's head - Pheasant - Doe - Duck - Horse and have fun!
Available with or without frame / fabric