How To Make Your Picture Perfect With Fabric
Buy the material from any fabric shop. Some shops have remnants or you can buy by the metre off the roll. Ask for half a metre - this is sufficient for four mounts. See our wildlife mount.
All you need;
- Fabric - to cover 16 x 12" inches, for the back of the mount
- Double sided tape (recommenced -permanent adhesive)
- Scissors and pen or chalk
How to add fabric behind the mount;
- Carefully stick the double sided tape around the edge of the horse's head, each corner and along the side of the edge on the back of the mount - don't peel off the tape yet.
- Iron the fabric if creased - lay the fabric on a smooth surface then place the mount on top to ensure the pattern is straight on the front.
- Then carefully with a pen or chalk, line the fabric along the edge of the overall mount to cut off the left over fabric.
- Remove the mount from the fabric and peel off the tape.
- Tricky part - adhering the mount onto the fabric, ensure the pattern is straight again, keep it quite taut before you press down on the mount to stick it down.
- Trim the outside of the fabric if it overhangs the mount size.
- Insert mount into the frame.
Buy our wildlife single mount; Stag's head - Pheasant - Doe - Duck - Horse and have fun!
Available with or without frame / fabric